Horticulture is technically the science, technology, and business involved in intensive plant cultivation for human use. It is practiced from the individual level in a garden up to the activities of a multinational corporation. It is very diverse in its activities, incorporating plants for food (fruits, vegetables, mushrooms, culinary herbs) and non-food crops (flowers, trees and shrubs, turf-grass, hops, medicinal herbs). It also includes related services in plant conservation, landscape restoration, landscape and garden design/construction/maintenance, arboriculture, horticultural therapy, and much more. This range of food, medicinal, environmental, and social products and services are all fundamental to developing and maintaining human health and well-being.
Board has rejuvenated Sri Nagesh Garden on Church Road atheistically on thematic concepts. The garden is well maintained and apart from green lawns facilities like Open Gym, Yoga Lawn, Children Play Area, Fountains, Lotus Pond etc. have been provisioned. Board is presently improving about 40 parks in different wards with facilities of jogging tracks and children playing corners where best quality children playing equipments have been installed.
Burning of leaves and garbage has been prohibited in Cantonment Area in compliance to the Orders passed by Principal Bench of Hon’ble National Green Tribunal.
- 1. The citizens are responsible for deposit of garbage at the dust bins provided by the Board.
- 2. The citizens shall not use or permit to be used as latrines or urinal any place not intended for the purpose.
- 3. Citizens shall take all reasonable means to prevent child from easing in public street or public places.
- 4. The citizens will provide receptacles of self-closing type within their premises
- 5. The occupier of all Bungalow/Houses will keep their premises neat and clean.